“Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for the least brothers of mine, you did for me.” –Matthew 25:40
We are a committee of the faithful in harmony with The Catholic Diocese of Richmond, Office of Justice and Peace, Respect Life Program (June 2013). The committee is committed to building and sustaining a culture of life and upholding our Christian conviction that all human life is sacred and inviolable – God’s own gratuitous gift, freely bestowed on us from the moment of conception until natural death. We will educate the community of the importance of life through a three-pronged approach on youth and adult education, dedicated prayer and meaningful action.
The committee is dedicated to alleviating any circumstances that compromise human dignity. We believe that no man has the right to destroy God’s gift of life. As disciples of Jesus, we will follow his example of love and compassion. We will safeguard God’s creation.
The Respect Life Committee, in its endeavor to honor God’s creation, has sponsored the following:
- We have distributed prayer cards to the parish.
- We have distributed Pro-Life feet pins and bracelets to the parish community.
- We have formed a prayer calendar for committee members on various respect life issues.
- We promote and participate in “40 Days for Life” events.
- We support the “March for Life” rally in Washington, D.C.
- We participate in fund raising events for those who oppose abortion.
- We supports post- abortion healing.
- We sponsored movies for the parish regarding respect life.
- We sponsor the “Moses Baskets” initiative at Mass for items to be distributed to Comfort Care, a women’s health center.
- We sponsor a Benediction and Adoration for protecting life.
- We meet monthly to discuss status of ongoing projects and future activities.
- We open our wings to all people of good will.